November 9, 2015

Terrain in the Autumn

Sunday was a spectacular fall day, so friends and I decided to make the 1.5 hour trip up to Pennsylvania to visit Terrain, the garden store owned by Anthropologie. terrain (3)As we suspected, they had begun to set up for the holidays, and lights and ornaments were everywhere.

But first, we had to check out what was in the garden and nursery section. Although Halloween is long gone, there were still loads of pumpkins, including this variety called Apple.terrain (5)

Lots of orange pumpkins of all sizes and shapes, too.
terrain (6) terrain (7)
I loved looking at all of the garden instruments and ornaments.
terrain (10) terrain (8)

Then we headed inside to what was a winter wonderland filled with all things HOLIDAY!terrain (13)terrain (32)

I have to give a huge shout-out to the people who shop for Terrain’s merchandise. You always see things here that you don’t see in every other store and there’s always an emphasis on the natural.terrain (16)terrain (20)terrain (23)terrain (25)terrain (30)terrain (26)

The people at Terrain also do an amazing job with display. terrain (40)terrain (55)terrain (57)terrain (62)

Here are some things that caught my eye.

Mercury glass ballsterrain (29)

Ripple-edged marble planterterrain (41)

Wreath made from cotton bolls. Can someone please send me a bale cotton?terrain (67)

I also loved this wheat wreath. I’d probably glaze it with a spritz of glittery gold spray paint.terrain (68)

I also love this wreath of clear and white round lights. It would be fun to hang at the end of the garden… especially if it’s snowy.terrain (51)LOVE these pierced copper lanterns. I’d hang them in my trees.terrain (71)

In theory, I love this twig silverware, but in reality, it’s very uncomfortable to hold and use. terrain (54)

This foxy knocker is so much fun, but I’d have to paint either it or my front door.terrain (73)

Shelves of glass demi-johns and jugs.terrain (44)

There is an outpost of Terrain just outside Philadelphia in Glen Mills and one in Westport, Connecticut. Sorry to you all outside of the East Coast.

15 comments:

  1. I want to live at Terrain! I could be very happy there. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fabulous and a friend says that the Connecticut outpost is even better!

      Delete
  2. Love that cotton ball wreath. But it's interesting how Americans do like to decorate with the seasons from summer to winter and over here the only real time they kind of do anything is Xmas and even then it's a mistle toe or a tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We decorate here for every.single.holiday. And why decorate when you can OVERDECORATE???

      Delete
  3. What a fun trip. The wheat wreath looks just like my neighbor's Pomeranian curled up in front of the fire.

    Meg, what did you end up buying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only bought some paper-white bulbs and a pine-scented candle. There was almost too much that I wanted! Too much choice.

      Delete
  4. The CT Terrain is truly magical. Will have to check out the PA version. Great post --as always. Love the lightbulb wreath. The cotton ball, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Terrain looks pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Straight up Route 1! About 1.5 hours for the scenic route.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks for the reminder about Terrain and the great photos covering their inventory! I had forgotten about that place.

      Delete
  7. I was at the Terrain in Westport a couple weeks ago. 90 degrees when I left LA, we got a dusting of snow that day in CT and hit peak fall colors.

    Your pictures are lovely, and I agree, Terrain is pretty wonderful. We had a bit to eat in their cafe, which has plants hanging all over the walls in pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reminds me of the original Smith and Hawkins in Berkeley, CA. Miss those stores. I haven't heard if we have any Terrains on the West Coast, yet.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.