October 14, 2013

Scalamandré Haute Décor by Steven Stolman

I received the most beautiful book from friends Janice Langrall and Steven Stolman and it’s one of the most spectacular books in my collection and I’ve got quite a collection of books!! It’s Steven’s new book, Scalamandré Haute Décor, just published about five minutes ago!I am a big fan of Scalamandré in part because of Steven and Janice, but also because they produce some of the most beautiful fabrics imaginable! They have created custom fabrics or reproduced old textiles for some of the most significant houses in the States, including a number of fabrics for the White House. In Jacqueline Kennedy’s restoration of the White House, Scalamandré fabrics were the basis for a number of the rooms.

The book is very personal to the company, with letters praising them about jobs the company assisted with from both corporate and private clients, as well as small antique shops and large department stores.

Scattered throughout the book are wonderful, pithy quotes from some of the leading lights in design and interiors.

In addition, there are myriad images of the most gorgeous rooms you’ve ever seen, regardless of whether the style is to your taste.

As soon as I got this book, I fed the dog, and then plunked down and looked at it carefully from cover to cover, and I have to say, it’s just such a beautiful book! image

Steven will be doing book signings all across the country. He’s such a fun and wonderful man, I hope you can go see him speak about the book, and then buy one for him to sign! You can order the book here.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations to you + Scalamandré. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.