May 10, 2012

I Adore Doors!

Right after I returned from the UK, with a quart of Farrow & Ball paint in my luggage, I got an e-mail from F&B saying that they were having a front door contest. Although I knew I didn’t have enough time to enter, since my door had not yet been painted, I was greatly anticipating seeing some of the winning doors.FB6

Fast forward to yesterday when I received an e-mail with a link to the winners. F&B WinnerThe winning door was modeled on No. 10 Downing Street, the Prime Minister’s residence in London. I love the symmetry of this entrance. The paint is Railings No. 31, in an exterior eggshell.

Here are some of the other finalists and the paint colours.

F&B 2Colour: Blue Gray No 91
Finish: Exterior Eggshell

FB5Colour: Rectory Red
Finish: Gloss

FB4Colour: Cord, New White
Finish: Exterior Eggshell

FB3Colour: Light Blue
Finish: Exterior Eggshell

You can see the other finalists here.

In celebration of their British heritage, the Queen’s Jubilee and the Summer Olympics, Farrow & Ball is offering their own take on the Keep Calm meme. FB timelinecover-white

You can download a copy here.

10 comments:

  1. And the cat is perfect - in the absolute center of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would love to have a picture of connor in front of my door, but i'd have to glue his feet to the porch.

      Delete
  2. First, an observation. To my eye, it is what surrounds the doors that is attractive, not the doors themselves in any structural way. Perhaps this should have been called a "most attractive doorway" contest. To me, the most attractive door would be a medieval arched affair with iron nails and hinges.

    Second, as for color, sign me up for a double coat of Rectory Red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some images of great ancient doors in the UK, but this is all about the paint!

      Delete
  3. Love Farrow and Ball paints. The winner door is perfect with that Shell window above!!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adore Farrow & Ball colors + quality of paint. Just finished painting the inside of the house in UK,however, it is a listed house so can't touch a thing on the outside. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the front door of my house was the first time i'd used F&B paint, and it's amazing.

      Delete
  5. Dude I am so with you on doors. I have a pinterest board full of them! And windows! They can really make a house. Mine doesn't do that right now and it's a project that's been on my list.. too many projects on the list!!
    Also, love your banner.. you change often as I do.. and I especially love the latest..
    XO
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are so many fabulous doors in the UK. when i lived there, i took zillions of images of incredible doors.

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.