November 4, 2011

Well Done, OKL + Ikea Hacker

After last week’s travesty of selling an old wire basket for $265, OKLsomeone at OKL came to their senses and was selling very similar baskets for what most people would think is a slightly more reasonable price.Bravo OKL1Or you could get two! I’d take the ones with the wood handles. I could put all of Connor’s toys in them. Bravo OKL2

And then there are the Ball Jars… Last week someone was selling six for $189.balljar3Much more reasonable were these, for significantly less!  Olivia Manna was the seller, and BRAVA to her for pricing her items at a reasonable and rational price!Bravo OKL3

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I am very excited that my Pumpkin Lanterns were featured on Ikea Hackers. A little late, but better late than never!Halloween 5Here are the Pumpkin Lanterns with my alien on Halloween Night.

9 comments:

  1. Maybe they read your post? Your porch looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey congrats! They are really cool. The only way I'd pay that much for the first basket (which is admittedly very cool) is if there were 20 skeins of my most favorite yarn in it. Come to think of it, that'd be a great present, wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your posts on the ridiculousness of One King's Lane's pricing. That $265 wire basket is what you get at the driving range when you order a bucket of balls. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness OKL has been put in their place. You tell 'em, Meg.
    Haha--I love it. I bet they were embarrassed into being reasonable after becoming a bit of a laughing stock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you influenced their decision greatly - well done to you Meg!
    DI
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg, you are sent many congratulations from me. xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you read the back story of OKL a "flash sales" site....a money maker- who dreamed this up. 2m followers... maybe the $265 baskets posted to peak interest then new lower priced items are then scooped up/sold out ; are these not new age marketing strategies a form of bait and switch--or they are rewriting a new chaper in marketing price position placement promotion-- pop-up inventory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meg, I love the new header!! Have a super Sunday. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. NOT that I would ever pay $265 for a wire basket... but look at the difference in quality of those two baskets! The $15 one is bollocky and skinny and crooked. Wouldn't pay $5 for that one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.