March 29, 2011

This and That

I’ve just posted information about April Food Day 2011 on the April Food Day blog. There is a copy of the 2011 logo, and a link to the donations page at Feeding America. I will be posting a links list on the April Food Day site so that you can add your post about the event. April Food Day 2011 Connor’s favourite “baby” is a little stuffed pig with no arms, called Army. Connor has pulled all of the stuffing out of its head now, so I had to buy him a new one today. Of course, all this is a round-about way of saying I’ve finished the arms of the slipcover (and one of the three back pillows). Arny 004The newest version of Army has gone on both of our walks with us this evening, and I anticipate it will be sleeping close to Connor tonight. Here’s the other arm, sans Army.Arny 003 I think I am going to make a pleated skirt, but can’t figure if I just want a few box pleats or a lot of knife pleats. I’ve also figured out that I am going to have to put a zipper down the back of the sofa so I can get the slipcover on and off with some ease.

17 comments:

  1. Meg, the chair looks great!
    Are you going for the zipper down the back because you love that look or because your yardage is limited?
    Just saying, if you have a bit of extra fabric, you could put in a pleat for ease, with tabs that button on for decoration. So cute, if you like that look.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what you mean about not having good sewing skills. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meg, you are a wonder. You watch -- you're going to end up having a whole new career!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Box pleats (inverted) give a cleaner look than knife pleats. And you could get away with one in the middle, one on each front and back corner. Uses far less fabric than knife pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am truly impressed. the sofa looks so professional. Of course, Connor and Miss Piggy have stolen the show. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am most impressed! Incredible. It looks great and I agree with Linda, above post, about the pleats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful slipcover. Ties in the form of bows can be used to close the back as well. I really love the fabric and its texture.

    Monique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geezo, beezo, Meg. I thought the arms would be the hardest part until you mentioned the skirt. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice comments. I am taking this bit by bit and working things out. It makes it workable. Many trips up and down the stairs because there's so little room for fitting and sewing in the same space.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING! It looks FANTASTIC!!! Simply FANTASTIC! I am so very proud of you. So many people would NEVER have tried that. I still stand by my original offering: fools rush in....! LOL!
    You didn't know you COULDN'T do it, so YOU ARE DOING IT!!!! I agree with Lisa S: YOU ARE A WONDER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks stellar! And Connor must like it too as he is looking very comfy there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Aunt Meggie:

    Fabulous, just fabulous!

    It's truly amazing that you can do anything & everything you want to do. Kudos to you for taking on the project & making the slipcover look so professionally done.

    Hugs to you & Connor!! (That is, you can give Connor a hug for us...if you can get him off the sofa long enough to do it!)

    -- Miss M.A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did you think about doing Velcro rather than a zipper - and yes, it does look VERY professional!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meg -

    What an amazing job you are doing on the sofa. I'm sure Connor and "new" Army are a fine help!

    WLD

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so impressed. It really looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Connor is dear - I miss my yellow lab Lily, who always had a special "friend" we called Buddy. Buddy had to have his nose sewed back together numerous times! Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.