December 14, 2010

On the Fifth Day of Christmas

Today’s the day of the five golden rings. At today’s price – approximately $1,398 an ounce – five gold rings would buy a whole load of presents! 

At Woodbourne, where I work, the children still need presents, including games, clothes and shoes. The State of Maryland, which funds our programs, does not provide any money for birthday or holiday presents, and we do not have the funds to purchase them. So, we must turn to our friends and ask for help.

Again this year, my friends at Houpla Studio have made a video for Woodbourne. The kids, most of whom have nothing, are asking for presents for themselves, and also for the other kids on their units, as well as children who have even less than they do.

I hope that you will take a few minutes to watch this video, and then consider a contribution to help us make these children’s holidays special.

Everyone at Woodbourne works hard to help and heal these children who have suffered from the worst kind of abuse – things I can’t even begin to mention for fear of how they would affect you.

As always, we appreciate anything that you can do.

If you would like to send a donation directly to Woodbourne, our address is 1301 Woodbourne Avenue/Baltimore/Maryland/21239.

Thank you so much!

8 comments:

  1. Meg, could you post the address to send a donation and how many kids are in the house right now? Thanks, MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I found your post through Joni and sent a donation. Thank you for all your work for Woodbourne; I wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope the donations will pour in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this, and God Bless you for your work with these children.

    I'm an old fogey who is reluctant about giving personal information and credit card numbers over the internet. I do not have a pay pal account. If I want something from Amazon, I have a niece, nephew, or grandchild order it, and I give them the money.

    I may google Woodbourne and send a check. The pens the one boy mentioned would probably not be too difficult to mail. (I live out of state.) I don't know what luck I would have finding them and getting them to you in time for Christmas. I appreciate the creativity of the Twelve Days of Christmas theme, but if you have a Woodbourne wish list next year, perhaps you could post it around Thanksgiving.

    I will keep your work in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meg, I send out a couple of emails to my friends and neighbors, hopefully they will open their hearts and donate for the boys at Woodbourne!
    We will donate something tonight, I will show the short, but touching clip to my family!

    Happy holidays!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another touching video of the special boys at Woodbourne. I made a donation a few days ago and hope it helps bring a bit of joy to them all this Christmas.

    Claudia G.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meg, I cried and cried when I watched this. Sending a little something for the boys. I wish I'd skipped buying presents for family and just donated all the money to Woodbourne! I've posted this on my FB page, in hopes that more will respond. Thanks for all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh I just read about this on cote de texas and we live in Baltimore!! This just breaks my heart! The little boy that said skittles!!! =( I can't imagine!! My husband and I sent a lot toys to a mama out in arkansas who couldn't afford christmas but I would love to see if we could do anything for these kids!! If not before Christmas could I help out any other time?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god, beautiful house, it totally perfect.

    Just like to share with you a funny quotes...

    "California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange." -- Fred Allen

    You can get more funny quotes at http://quotelandia.com/category/funny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.