September 22, 2010

Bizzy Bizzy Bee!

Things are heating up around here!  I am getting ready for the Pigtown Pop-Up @ Housewerks on Saturday and am working on tagging, labeling and pricing more then 200 items. Even after that, my house won’t be empty! 9-17 003Since I have made the incredible discovery that I am a hunter, not a collector, I am much happier de-accessioning my things.  9-17 011I love the thrill of the hunt, but once I’ve found it, I don’t care about the item as much. It’s the rush of finding something that no one else has discovered.  I love knowing that the next person gets as much joy and pleasure out of having the item as I have had finding it.9-17 031At the same time I am working on this, I am planning an architectural tour of a corner of Baltimore’s downtown that’s got some terrific buildings which have been renovated into new spaces, as well as my Tour de Baltimore in mid-October. 11-7 018The bad dog Connor and I are looking for more people to tell us who they think is the heir or heiress to Billy Baldwin’s design chops and win the Billy Baldwin Remembers and the Billy Baldwin Catalogue!  Enter your comments here. 

I have a huge surprise next week and I am just shrieking that I can’t tell you yet!

15 comments:

  1. well, nate berkus it ain't!

    (but aaarrrfff, anyway, to bad connor) m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg that is so not fair!! Next week! I wish I could make your sale..

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Meg,

    My nomination for heiress to BB would be Victoria Hagan. Do you know her work?

    Cheers and best of luck with all the endeavors,

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I think I know the surprise! Fun! I'm bringing my whole Shawan Downs crew to the Pop Up. Sign me up for the tour too. Can't wait to finally clap eyes on you in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the thrill of the hunt...always upgrading and moving things out the door. Have a great sale. I hope they all find good homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer Boles possibly?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meg, I love that you call it "deaccessioning." You're not a collector, a hoarder, a pack rat -- no! You're a *curator*!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish I had an H in my monogram like the one in your pics. Sadly missing out on your upcoming events - but one of these days my trips to Baltimore will land on one of your events!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stitch... i think the monogram is "FC". Although it could be a super-fancy H!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not think there will ever be another Billy Baldwin! No heirs to the throne but there are talented top designers who have undoubtedly been and are inspired by his design ethic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lot of work for sure. Good luck with the sale!!! I just can't believe Conner was bad. Aren't all the cute boys always good!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...LOL, thanks Meg! And that's why I should use my reading glasses for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am craving the silver pitcher.

    And I will offer John Saladino as an heir.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on Pigtown*Design. I read each and every comment and try to reply if I have your e-mail address.